Russia has announced it has banned United States Vice President Kamala Harris and many other top business executives, politicians, scientists, and journalists from entering the country, including Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that all will be “denied entry to the Russian Federation on an indefinite basis”.
The sanction affects top business executives, politicians, scientists, and journalists.
The action retaliates the Biden Administration’s “ever-expanding anti-Russian sanctions”, the statement noted.
The U.S. and others are increasing sanctions against the country over the invasion of Ukraine since February 24.
It is believed Zuckerberg was added to the list for limiting access to Russian news outlets on Facebook.
Russia recently banned United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson, former PM Theresa May and dozens of others.
The list of the 29 banned Americans:
– Kamala Devi Harris, Vice President of the United States
– Kathleen Holland Hicks, First Deputy Secretary of Defense
– Christopher Watson Grady, Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
– John Francis Kirby, Deputy Secretary of Defense
– Ronald Klain, White House Chief of Staff
– Evan Maureen Ryan, President’s Cabinet Secretary, Secretary of State Blinken’s wife
– Margaret Goodlander, Secretary of Justice’s adviser